Luxury Villas and Homes COVID-19 Policy on Managed Villas
We understand that flexibility is required given the impact Coronavirus has on travel. In the event where your trip is disrupted due to Covid-19, the below terms and conditions apply:
Should you wish to cancel your booking, we will supply you with the necessary paperwork to file a claim with your travel insurance. If you are not covered by travel insurance, please refer to the policies on our managed villas below in the event your trip is disrupted.
For existing booking before 1st of July 2021, the prior cancellation policies apply. If the booking arrival date is more than thirty (30) days, you are given the flexibility to postpone the booking and convert it into credit:
- for up to twelve (12) months from initial arrival date if outstanding balance is fully paid
- for up to nine (9) months from date of cancellation if outstanding balance is not yet paid
For new bookings from 1st of July 2021 onwards:
- Cancellations made more than thirty (30) days before the date of arrival are eligible for a credit note for up to twelve (12) months from your original arrival date OR a cash refund of eighty percent (80%).
- Cancellations made within thirty (30) days of the arrival date will be converted into a credit note for up to twelve (12) months from your original arrival date – no cash refund.
- For peak season bookings: If you cancel anytime due to a COVID-related event, you will be provided with twelve (12) months credit from the original arrival date – no cash refund.
We will refund your booking or provide a credit note based on the following conditions:
- Your country of residence issues a travel ban or a warning of ‘Do not travel’ (or the equivalent) to the destination booked.
- Your flight is cancelled, and alternatives are not available.
- There is a government-enforced quarantine upon your return from one of our destinations.
Terms and Conditions:
- Proof will be required before confirming eligibility to this clause.
- Cash refund will be minus any fees that may be incurred for international remittance if requested.
- Credit Note allows you to rebook the same villa during the same rate period (season) within twelve (12) months of your original arrival date. You may confirm your travel dates at a later point in time, as long as the stay is completed within twelve (12) months of the original check-in date.
- The minimum length of stay shall also follow the period of the new dates.
- Policy for new bookings apply for selected managed villas.
- Extension of credit note validity may be requested subject to approval.
Our Partner’s COVID-19 Policy
For villas that are not part of our managed portfolio, please reach out to us at ([email protected]) so we can provide you with the latest cancellation policy for your desired property.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
For our exclusively managed villas, we operate to 5-star standards and have adapted our usual practices in line with World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines and best global practices to ensure the villas remain a COVID-safe getaway:
Cleanliness at the villa
- Deep cleaning and sanitizing of villa prior to guest check in
- To further ensure your safety in line with international cleanliness standards, we will professionally disinfect hard surface areas to ensure all areas are duly covered prior to check-in.
- Daily cleaning of common areas as well as bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizers are available in every villa. Face masks are available on request.
- Staff will wear masks, regularly wash their hands, and undergo daily temperature checks. Kitchen staff wear masks and gloves. Staff during cleaning will wear a mask, face shield and gloves.
- Daily temperature checking of staff and guests upon check in
- Any guests showing signs of fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and muscle pain will be referred to the local hospital.
- Our staff observe social distancing rules and will wear gloves when serving food and beverages.
- Although they might be physically distant, be rest assured that we will still deliver the same warm service with a smile!
- In line with the vaccination rollouts in Phuket & Samui, we are delighted to inform you that 84% of our local team members have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- ‘Amazing Thailand Safety & Health Administration (SHA)’ certification has been granted to the majority of our exclusively managed villas.
- This certification is a government approved layer of safety to boost confidence among domestic and international tourists in regard to safety and health protocol.
Please Note: Guidelines may vary for a few villas. Please double check with our Reservations team ([email protected]) upon enquiry.
COVID-19 Travel Guidelines & Requirements
Updated as of 23 June 2021
The safety and wellbeing of guests and staff remain the top priority for LVH. In response to the sudden spike in COVID-19 cases in Thailand, we have decided to enforce the following requirements for new arrivals:
- Fully Vaccinated Travelers*:
- Tests are not mandatory for fully vaccinated guests; however, we request that guests continue to take COVID-19 precautions prior to arrival (e.g., wearing a mask outdoors, avoiding crowds, socially distancing, and washing hands)
- Guests must show proof of vaccination no later than their date of arrival, in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by their country’s health authority.
- Non-Vaccinated Travelers:
- Guests from Red Zones outside of Koh Samui must undergo a negative COVID-19 test [Antigen/ PT PCR] before travelling to Samui. Tests must be conducted no later than 72 hours prior to arrival to be allowed entry to the villas.
- All guests who have travelled through the red zones within the past 14 days must present a negative test result upon arrival. No guest will be allowed to wait for test results in the villa premises.
- Tests are not mandatory for children aged 5 and below; however, temperature & symptom checks will be conducted by the villa team prior to entry. Parents will be requested to monitor their children for symptoms throughout the stay.
- For selected villas (i.e., The View & The Headland Estate), more stringent protective measures are set in place. For more information, please refer to the PDF announcement linked HERE.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in Thailand and will make policy adjustments accordingly.
*Guests are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sinovac, AstraZeneca etc.), or ≥2weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).